Friday, October 5, 2012

PGA Tour - getting there!

Yesterday started with a chip in birdie but that was about the best of the day. It would have been a good 'Shot of the Day' for sure. But it was not to be my day.

What is it that makes or breaks players? What is it that forces you over the top and onto a major tour or to decide it's not for you? I've heard tell that it's the mental game.

The final vestige, the final frontier of tournament play is in the brain! Well, I must have lost my brain yesterday. Making a PGA tour is more than a pretty swing or driving the ball 310 yards. But what you have to come to is what everyone calls, 'playing your own game.'

That's where I am then. From what I can tell, at this place in the discovery process, it's part swing and part personality. Personality most likely playing into it more than the first. Personality is basically being yourself, right?! Discovering it must somehow have to translate to a club, a golf ball and some open spaces. Obviously it's a learning process.

I've taken so many personality profiles I could teach on them. Bottom line I'm a driven person. Duh! I like to have a focus and drive toward that goal. That's good if you're attempting to win tournaments. At least when it comes to me. You...you'll have to discover that yourself.

If the last vestige is the mental aspect of the game I'm praying I don't go daft before figuring it out.

I'm staying regional with six Pepsi Tour tournaments from now through the end of November. Then we are moving to Santa Barbara on December 1 followed by Q-School on Portugal in January.

Thanks for following my journey. I appreciate so much those that have passed this blog on to your friends.

Enjoy the fall weather and remember to swing hard and look up!
Byron

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...