Thursday, November 1, 2012

...and then there were 4!

This weekend is both the culmination and a new beginning. On Saturday, November 3 our daughter is marrying a great young man. We are blessed and encouraged by this couple and believe in them immensely. 

As a father, Kate is my joy. I know this will not be easy on dear old dad, but the pride of knowing who she is and what they have ahead of them makes me bust-a-smile!

Here we are in the season of transition from summer to fall. From one daughter to a new family. From living in Vacaville to moving to Santa Barbara (in one month from the day this is written). That also speaks quite a lot about my golf game. This year has been a quest in search of how I play my game. What is it that makes me tick when it comes to playing in tournament. Who am I! It is a major part of gaining ground and I knew this year was important to work through this in order to make the moves into stronger tours. 

Recently, I began discussing how temperament plays into knowing our game. I have had several people tell me that I am a feel player. Just go out there and hit shots that I like hitting. Make'em up! Go ahead! So I tried. I did just that, and I never felt worse in my life. Until two days ago when I took a DISC Profile for golf. DISC is a personality profile that has helped me in the past so when I discovered that they had an in depth profile for golf...well, that's for me. It has roots and it has history that has proven to be true through the years. 

I took the profile for $65. At first I thought maybe spending the money would be a waste. Then they sent a 27 page report. Here's what's cool to me. As I was reading through it I began to see some of the very same strategies I have been considering. They have complete strategies that they suggest, knowing that they are starting points. It has given me great hope and anticipation of working harder over the off season in preparation for Q-Shool in Portugal. Oh YEAH! 

It's a game plan for how to apply my temperament and style of play. It gives feet to my thoughts. It solidifies who I am as a player, which was my major goal for 2012! Is that cool...OH YEAH! It helps me conquer the negative areas of my game and create positive playing circumstances. Was it worth the $65...

...here's what I think. You should go to KPJ Golf and do the profile yourself. Really. You should. 

In the mean time ---- I have a bride to walk down the isle. 
Byron

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...