Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Slacky, Lacky and Nod

Oh man it's weird taking time off. It was by choice to enjoy the wedding (fab..totally fab) and then off to Santa Barbara to look for housing and on to Texas. But I miss being out there. I've been slowly working through my DISC Golf Temperament Profile while on air planes or waiting in airports.

One of the exercises is to write out the things that draw me to golf. I always come back to the beauty of being outside, taking a long walk in a manicured park. I enjoy finding the right club and swing for the shot that's before me. I enjoy listening as the ball drops in the hole and rolls around making that sound that brings a smile to even the most unhappy golfers.

I get tired of meetings where you sit all day and talk. There just not for me. I need the open spaces and the exercise. I am so very thankful for this journey...I've said that before, right?

Today it's back to practice. YES! To use the new Bridgestone tour bag that was sent my way. Oh...may there be more coming. I am so looking forward to playing heir clubs. I'm looking forward to our move to Santa Barbara in, less than, 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to playing a few skin games in SB and maybe a Golden State event in SoCal. And then...it's off to Portugal for two tournaments!!! With pictures.

Have a great day and hit'em hard and look up.
Byron

4 comments:

PJ Lowrey said...

Your analysis of why you play golf is interesting. My thoughts are it is good exercise; the environment lends itself to beauty and an appreciation of wildlife. A true study in human nature; and a great place find your core strengths. I love golf and enjoy others who do too!

Unknown said...

PJ there's nothing like a good walk in a beautiful setting...and I find most courses have beauty in different ways.

I definitely enjoy meeting others who love the game. Even the rules are a piece of this.

Have you seen Golf in the Kingdom? I'm not sure if I limed the movie but it had some interesting moments.

Unknown said...

It was a pleasure and honor to loop for you and hit the white ball with ha! Hope "fore" great things to come in Santa Barbara!

Unknown said...

Thanks Michael. We'll always have that 6 iron! Come visit and play in SB or you can loop in Europe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...