Friday, April 5, 2013

Pick the Best

I really should apologize for not writting sooner but, I have started working on the stories for the next book. Which the working title is...no, I'll wait on that for now.

I have whittled it down to thirteen stories that walk through a variety of scenarios from my on course experiences. I wonder if thirteen is a bad number for books. My guess is I'll end up dropping one or two from the list because they simply won't work with my genius. You know how writers can be. Speaking of genius.

On Wednesday, I was practicing at Glen Annie (my home course) and was paired with three guys averaging 60 in age. They all walked...God forbid...you know I loved that. But the real clincher for me, was that they played every shot and added every stroke. They didn't give 3 foot putts and the greens have just had major spring work. They laughed, enjoyed a good walk and in no way were exceptional golfers. But the game became more enjoyable because they followed simple guidelines and accepted the good with the bad.

Lucky Larry, Masterful Mark and Sassy Steve were there for the whole shebang! Friendship, a good walk and some golf. It really is one of the few sports that has this combination and still is an unconquerable sport.

I'm hearing news stories about the weather beginning to warm (sorry Royston) so as you take the clubs out of cold storage, dust them off, clean last years dirt from the grooves (bad golfer) call a few Lucky Larry's, Masterful Mark's and Sassy Steve's. Get your golf shoes ready, maybe a few dollars for a skins game and for your drink of choice and head out to enjoy 18 holes of excruciating joy.

Remember to hit'em hard and look up! I'll be right out.
Byron

2 comments:

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Another interesting post Byron. I love that you are working on another book! I have a question on those lines; Do you have trouble with your word count for each chapter when telling true stories form your life?

I am once again working on a book idea using about 9 God encounters I have had in my life as chapter subjects. But they all point to God telling me how much I am loved and therefore the readers are loved in the same way. Trouble is that I have learned to write short blog posts and cannot conjure up enough words to fill a real book.

Unknown said...

We can talk about that. I learned a great way to see inside the story, which helped me to get the word count up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...