Sunday, November 25, 2012

Total Change

We are seriously packing boxes at the moment in preparation for our move to Santa Barbara. I wake to the sound of packing tape as Crystal is already at work. I join the fray soon after a cuppa, with the afternoon set aside for practice.
Looking for a change!

I'm looking forward to the move as yesterday it was 82°. I'm already thinking ahead to how spoiled I am going to be. I guess I'll have to deal with it. I have good friends there that can help me through it all.

We arrive in Santa Barbara on December 1, one week from today. We will settle in for Christmas and then soon after the new year I head to Portugal for the Algarve Classic and the European Senior Tour QSchool.

It's going to be odd not heading to Green Tree or Cypress Lakes to play some golf with Gordon or John (that's a world class Foster) or Oscar...there are a lot of people I want to say good-bye to. The staff at Green Tree in Vacaville have been amazing. Sandra (head pro), Mark (my swing doc) and friend, Andy, George, Tamara, and who could live without Jerry's jokes.

Across the road and down a bit is Cypress Lakes where I've been accepted and encouraged (in such unique ways :-). Jesse (head pro), Stan, Terry, Jeff and Mark. PJ and Bob, I know you aren't on staff but it's been a joy to know you.

But I want to honor the grounds and maintenance crews at both courses. They operate on minimal crews, in my humble but accurate opinion, produce excellent results. So to Ernie and Tom at Green Tree and Joe and the crew at Travis -- JOB WELL DONE!

I will only have a few days remaining on these course but you ain't got rid-a-me! I'll be back!!
Byron

PS. I'm looking at making a total change to Bridgestone equipment. I play the ball...wear the hat...have the bag...and want the clubs...hummm, I sound like a Bridgestone player. I'm hoping and praying they will see it this way as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...