Saturday, December 15, 2012

Bill Gates Was Popular?

Now that our move to Santa Barbara is complete (except for pictures which is happening soon), and since I've been incredibly encouraged in becoming part of the Bridgestone Golf family, I spent the week in search of a home course.

To have a place where you are welcomed and can build your game and enjoy some time out with the other regulars is important to me. It's not just about finding the 'best' course but the combination of challenging playing conditions, practice facilities and the relational dynamics.
Glen Annie Golf Club/Santa Barbara, CA
My Home Course

Our first week here I spent several days going to the well known courses to discover there was little interest on either side. They were nice folks but it seemed to me they were a little tired...tired of the people side of the game. That's to bad really because without the people all you have is a manicured park but no one to enjoy it. Which reminds me to stay grateful for all I have and am able to do!

Then I decided to try a course that seemed hidden. Hidden in the sense that it wasn't on everyones radar. It isn't the popular kid in school. I wonder if Bill Gates was a popular kid in school? He hasn't done to bad for himself.

I was welcomed to Glen Annie Golf Club, and discovered a real gem. A diamond in the rough. It plays to a strong slope of 130 with the rating being just over par. That means I got leg cramps after the first round because the hills are pretty serious. Not killer but definitely different than inland California.

I have found a home at Glen Annie (don't ya love the name -- sounds so Scottish) and will spend the next month in preparation for my first tournaments in January in Portugal. I want to thank my friends the Cooke's, Patching's and Munks for making QSchool and my tournaments in Europe a possibility in 2013. It's fabulous journey.

Don't forget to hit'em hard and look up!
Byron

2 comments:

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Hi Byron! I am glad that you found a new place to do your thing. "Glen Annie" is a great name that conjures up flowing green lawns and foggy skies. Very nice!
I am looking forward to hearing more about your home course and your upcoming trip.

Susie
http://susieklein.wordpress.com/
http://www.recoveringchurchlady.com/

Unknown said...

Hi Susie. It's been a good move, interesting as well. I've never lived in a town/city like it.

We look forward to your visit.
By

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...