Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Not Thanksgiving!

I'm so very glad we have holidays set aside each year for various purposes. Whether they be a bit frivolous or have deeper meanings to each of us. Obviously Christmas is originally a holiday set aside for Christians, but we're really glad to include everyone as that's the desire of the one we celebrate.

For me Christmas is an extension of Thanksgiving...or should be in my opinion. (With that and a few bucks you can buy a gallon of gas.) Thanksgiving is a day, but it's also an action. One that causes us to remember and have truly glad hearts. So as we head out through Christmas into a new year here are a few things I'm very thankful for this year:

Crystal who puts up with me inspite of myself
My daughter who is amazing and having Sam as a son
Family that fly across country and immediately go to work along side us
Friends that love me pretty much just like I am and still want the best for me
Playing golf year round and able to pursue the desire of my heart
Bridgestone who is a taking a first shot on me
Friendships around the world
A God who cares just because I'm me

I'll see you all on the other side of New Years. Here's to a fab Christmas and a hilariously grand New Year.

In the mean time...hit'em hard and look up!
Byron

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...